Sunday, October 11, 2009

A little news story featuring our band!



Mr. Brooks is my awesome band director, not to mention the guy with the SPIKED MULLET in high school (remember that? Yeeesh).

Mark is not only a tuba player, but he's our tuba runner during pregame (a tradition that many, many college bands, including UNLV, have is to have at least one tuba player run around the field during pregame) AND he drives the band truck with all of our large equipment in it.

Also, just for the lulz, this is what happens when cameramen get too close to their quarry:



I've had cameramen on the field in high school during Half-Time Show Review, and they're freaking annoying.

...don't worry, an actual post will be coming up soon, probably in several hours or so.

5 comments:

Christina LMT said...

I saw you, Chickie!

Yuri Orlov said...

Very cool! :-)

dick said...

I thought I saw you as well.
Any truth in this sighting?

Silver the Evil Chao said...

Dick: Yep! :) I'm in the first shot or so, the really pale clarinet player about 2/3s of the way from the left edge of the screen before we start marching. I start the show back-marching to your right, so that should be easy to spot. There's also a white colorguard flag right behind me.

Silver the Evil Chao said...

You can also briefly see me for about a second or so in the parade shot at around 1:12 in the video. There's a really short clarinet player in the one of the rightmost spots of the formation, next to a flutist - that other short person behind them is also me. My hat looks like it's covering my eyes.