Monday, October 26, 2009

I don't get it.

I'll freely admit this, right now: I don't practice back at the dorm. It would probably piss off everybody that happened to be in the dorm at that moment. Plus, I practice far better when I have other people with other parts playing alongside me, instead of by myself, where it all seems entirely meaningless. Thus, any and all practice time I get is in class.

So why am I the only clarinet with my marching music memorized?

I get as much, if not less, practice time than the other players. The section leader at the end of rehearsal today mentioned how awesome I am, how, during the time where we were in the concert arc and the section leaders had to sit out, I was the only clarinet player they heard, and how every time they see me at the Hughes, I'm working on my music (in reality, I play the music from memory as a warm-up when I come early to University Band, because scales are really, really boring). I really hope this doesn't prompt everyone else in the high woodwinds to hate me.

I still don't get it.

3 comments:

Christina LMT said...

You've always been very, very good at memorization, Silver. Not everyone can be as good as you!

Cut them some slack, Honey.

Silver the Evil Chao said...

I just don't get WHY I'm apparently so good.

It makes no sense - the rest of the band is having problems, but I'm not.

Christina LMT said...

It's because of POKEMON.
You started memorizing stats, etc., at a young age, so memorizing music is a snap!